After an exciting weekend in my future city with my future hubby, I am settling back into the mundane life of an overworked graduate student. As you may or may not know, I am currently in the midst of what I consider to be the coolest accounting job possible, well as cool as accounting can be. As much as I love where I work, I must admit that the work itself sometimes causes my mind to wander just a bit. Today as I plugged away at yet another spreadsheet, I reflected on my whirlwind three day weekend. The hubby-to-be and I had what I would term a revolutionary weekend - we found our potential future apartment AND church home. The move from sweet home Alabama is becoming more and more
REAL. As excited as I am to begin this new chapter in life, I am also leary of the change. I'm a creature of habit. I like planning, organizing and categorizing (hence, why I am an accountant). I like to minimize risk. Yet, as much as I would love to create a spreadsheet for the next five months, I know it's impossible. Sometimes I forget that I am not in charge of the plan for my life. In my moments of panic when I realize that in five months I an unemployed, ex-student, ex-Cullmanite, ex-Brown, ex-sorority girl who is potentially homeless due to lack of employment, I remind myself to breathe and recite "God provides." He didn't provide five years of education (and boy, did He
PROVIDE for those five years), five internships, and an eight year relationship to suddenly drop me when it is time to USE said education/internship experience and marry said boy.
Why is it that we tend to worry about what God WILL provide without realizing what He HAS provided?
The Lord promises to provide what we NEED. He always proves faithful.
I felt I wrote this with the risk of sounding like a church-camp kid (you know, the ones who ALWAYS have the answer and spout the "RIGHT" verbage...), but honestly, it is humbling to realize that my entire identity is changing, but not really changing at the same time. I may not wear the same hats I have for the past five years, but I am still me. I am still a child of God. He still provides for my daily bread (figuratively speaking).
So, my buzz word for the next five months - PROVISION.
No comments:
Post a Comment