Thursday, October 28, 2010

Friday Favorites

I'm slightly obsessed with fashion. I have reached the point that I even watch biographies on famous designers lives despite having to read the English subtitles because the film is French. Also, since I work at a magazine publishing company (cough, SL, cough), I have felt the need to step-it-up in the fashion department. For my first installment of Friday Favorites, I'm being predictable with Fashion Friday Favorites.

Image compliments of mybrokentypewriter.blogspot.com

Frye boots...aren't they wonderful?!?! I'm obsessed. I really have a hard time choosing my favorite style. This style comes closest to the top of my list. Since I couldn't afford real Frye, I purchased a knockoff pair at Target. I wore them the first day of fall, even though my car thermometer read ninety degrees. You can find the knockoff version here. Or the real ones here.



Photo courtesy of jcrew.com

Kelly McBride and Emily King, if you read this, I will ALWAYS rock a skinny belt. In a mustard tone. This belt is already in my closet. Granted, I have the matte version rather than the shiny. You can get this belt here.




Photo from jcrew.com

Luxe. I have a similar headband from Target, but this one from J. Crew is equally delicious. Maybe my headband addiction is related to the huge bows I wore the first ten (gasp, yes TEN) years of my life.



Watch this film. Coco Chanel is one of my fashion inspirations. We're not talking the tacky Chanel bags with the faux quiliting and white intertwined C's. This is the real deal. The lady who shed the corset in favor of tailored jersey knit. Revoluntary.
Note: Her life is graphic. She was a mistress to high powered men. She was French. Cut her a break - she was creative genius.
Now a list, just because I LOVE lists:
in no particular order

Monogramed sweatshirts
Pearl earrings
Patterned tights
FLATS
David Yurman jewelry
Merona Brand trouser jeans
Jewelry pilfered from Gran's jewelry box (call it vintage with character)
Chambray dresses
Anthropologie
What are your favorites? Please share. I always love trying new things that I can add to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment