Thursday, January 7, 2010

Down to the quick...

Tonight I was taken back about 17 years to a time when a curly-haired little girl sat with her dad and cheered on the Tide. If you have been living under a rock, let me catch you up to speed. The good ol' University of Alabama won the National Championship for the first time in 17 years. The last time this happened I was four and running around the room in a U of A cheerleader costume leftover from Halloween while waiving a shaker in everyone's face. So imagine my excitement when I could leap back to childhood (minus the outfit and obnoxious shaker action).

The game was a nail-biter...especially for someone pre-disposed to the habit. After the third time our quarterback was sacked, my right index fingernail was pretty much gone. All my good intentions of starting my internship with "normal" nails flew out the window tonight. Sadly, I didn't notice the nervous habit until the game was over and any slight nail growth had been chewed to pieces. I blame it on the Tide. So, I can only hope that my nails bionically grow in the next week. This new outlook for twenty-ten is turning out to be much more challenging than I imagined!

Hope everyone enjoyed watching the Elephant Walk on some longhorns tonight...I know I did :)
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment