Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exhaustion

My life until April 15:

5am - Roll out of bed
7am - attempt to be coherent for my commute
8am - drool at my desk while propping my eyes open & completing tax returns
12pm - eat lunch while driving
1pm - class, class and more class
7:30pm - attempt to stay awake to drive home
Late - after finishing as much homework as possible, sleep

Needless to say, this cycle of the past few weeks has been exhausting. Now that the 7 day countdown is in full swing for what has become the most exciting day in my life (this year), I can say that I have completely banished any remaining thought in my head that I am secretly Wonder Woman.

Ladies, we can't do it all. You can't look perfect, never sleep & keep a shining smile on your face. We desparately would like to channel the inner Barbie and Velma (from Scooby Doo) on 2 hours of sleep, but it can't be done. My wisdom to impart for today - it's okay to be imperfect. I wish I would have realized this much sooner in life. So, if you see me walking around like a zombie in the next week, please politely point me in the right direction to the nearest coke machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment